Valentine's Day Classroom Craft

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Halle had her Valentine's Day party at school on Friday and I was chosen to bring a craft for all the kids to make.  I will admit that I'm pretty crafty but kids crafts are really not my thing.  I was thinking of doing something really cool with the Silhouette, but there are 27 kids in her class and that would take a lot of time for the machine to cut everything and switching out all those papers.

I ended up with the idea of making wrappers for Hershey Bars.  All I need was 27 Hershey Bars, 27 wrappers, and a bunch of paper scraps.  I took the paper scraps and used those to punch out large and small hearts.  I also threw in some chipboard pieces and die cuts that I've had lying around for a while.  I think I went a little overboard here.  I still had half a bag left after all 27 students decorated their candy bars.

Here's the supplies that I took to school.  The kids used their glue sticks and markers to decorate the bars.  We ended up taping the red paper around the bars since the glue sticks didn't work very well.
Overall I think it went really well.  I was afraid that the boys would think all the hearts were too girly, but they really didn't seem to care.  The had fun showing off their creation.  I created a collage below of some of them.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP