A {Happy Birthday} Card...

Thursday, February 10, 2011


Hello!  Once again I have another card using two challenges.  The first challenge was another one from Papertrey Ink wanting you to use buttons in a new way on your card.  Instead of using my buttons as an accent, I used them as my focal point.  The next one was the Ways to Use It challenge at SCS that were challenging you to make a birthday card, easy peasy.


The colors for this card came about when I saw the cover of the March 2011 issue of ALL YOU.  I love the white, green and yellow combo.   I could have thrown in some magenta but it might have taken away of the CAS-ness of this card.

I used a really neglected stamp set for this card, Around & About Sentiments.   It was one of those must-have sets that I don't really use as much as I should.  I'm gonna keep this one at the top of my pile in hopes I'll use it more.
Here's another view so you can see some of the dimension.  The green panel is distressed and popped up on dimensionals.  The white squares are popped up as well.

Hope you all are having a great day!

{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments, Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Garden Green (SU), Yellow Citrus (ColorBox)
Accessories: Ripe Avocado Vintage Buttons (Papertrey Ink), Yellow Floss (DMC), Corner Rounder Punch, Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals

3 comments:

Nicki February 10, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

cute card - love the fresh bright colors, great inspiration piece!

JenE February 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

Love it! The green and yellow just jump off of the white card!

Kelly S. February 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

This is the cheeriest birthday card! Love the citrusy colors...making me want summer to get here SOON!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP