A {Congratulations} Card...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally!  I've have been working on this card all day long.  It's been such a busy day.  I've been squeezing in some crafting time in between running on the treadmill, doing laundry, parent/teacher conference, picking up kids from school, getting a few groceries at the store and attempting to make a new soup recipe.  The soup is simmering on the stove as I type this.  There's still laundry to fold and a salad to prepare.  Like I said, busy day.

So, here is my card for today.  It's based on this week's CPS layout that I don't particularly like, but it really intrigued me.  I had to give it a go.  This card uses the Silhouette a lot.  The letters were cut from the black patterned paper and then matted on yellow patterned paper.  The leaves and rolled up flowers were images I cute using the Silhouette.  I think these flowers look so much better than my first attempt. I guess practice really does make perfect.
I love the striped ribbon.  My SIL's was getting rid of some of her sCrap stuff and I rescued a few rolls of ribbon that I knew I could use.  

Have a great day!

{Congratulations}
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Origins (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Digitally Cut Images and Letters (Silhouette), Glue Dots

3 comments:

amber February 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

dana, LOVE your card...those flowers are amazing and i love how you created the "corner circle" from the sketch with the "congratulations" sentiment!

Linda Beeson February 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

I love how your card turned out, the flowers are such an adorable accent. Nice use of the CPS sketch too. Yum on the soup, hope it turned out great. I have homemade chili waiting for me.

Anonymous February 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM  

I love the rosettes! I've tried to make them, for some reason they dont turn out.... I love the whole card. Great Job. If I saw this in the card isle, I would buy it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP