A {One-of-a-Kind Friend} Card...

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hey friends!  I received so many kind comments on the text background and layout of this card, I thought I would try it again.  The Silhouette Studio Store has a free image every week and last week the free image was the dress form I used on today's card.  It cuts in two pieces, the entire dress form and then shirt/dress part.  


To make the masked text background I created an image using the Silhouette Studio.  I simply made a rectangle that was 5.5" x 4.25" and then inside that rectangle I cut another rectangle that was 3.5" x 2.25".  Once this was all cut out, I removed the middle rectangle, placed the paper (looking like a frame) over the card front and then stamped the text.  Since the text turned out so faint I used a white gel pen to outline the box, tracing along the lines of the mask.  Easy peasy!


I have a fun weekend planned.  Tonight is a girls dinner at my friend's house.  She has a meal planned that celebrates the Chinese New Year.  That should be fun and interesting.  It's impossible not to have fun when I'm with those girls.  Tomorrow night is a date night with my hubby.  Hopefully dinner and a movie and then we'll end the night watching our cousins make fools of themselves doing karaoke.  And then of course Sunday is the SuperBowl.  We'll be cheering on the Packer's at a party at another friend's house.

Hope you all have a fun weekend ahead of you!
{One-of-a-Kind Friend}
Stamps: Friends 'til the End, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Patterned Paper: Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Warm Red (Colorbox), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Red Floss (DMC), Red Rhinestone (Kaiser Craft), Circle Punch (SU), Digital Cut Dress Form (Silhouette), White Gel Pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

Nicki February 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

oh I am in love - this is fabulous....you are going to make me break down and get a silhouette :) Such an enabler miss Dana!

Donna Huisinga February 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

This is a really cute card too. That text is a great background. How nice that Silhouette offers a free image every week. Can't beat that. Your week-end sounds really fun. Enjoy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP