A Quilted {Bundle of Joy} Card...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It is really cold today but the sun is shining so I decided to photograph today's card outside.  When I finally had some time to play in my studio today, I didn't have a clue as to what I wanted to create.  In my Google Reader I have a list of cards that I want to CASE or techniques I want to try.  That's usually the first place I turn for inspiration.  I've had this card bookmarked for quite some time.  I'm a big fan of Janelle's and subscribe to her blog.  I just had to give that quilt technique a try.

This card is small.  It's about 3.5" square.  This turned out to be a gender neutral baby card.  I'm not a big fan of the color orange, but I do really love this green, orange and kraft combo.  Over all the quilt was really easy to put together.  Since I chose to use patterned paper, I had to be really careful that the design still looked right after all the pieces were cut. I really love the embossing that Janelle did on her card.  So much so that I left mine plain since I didn't think any of my embossing folders would look right.

This week has really took on a life of it's own.  I feel like I've finally gotten everything under control.  I haven't even made it on the treadmill yet today.  Oh, and we're working on our taxes tonight.  Hopefully I'll get a bit of a reprieve tomorrow.  Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!


Have a great day!

{Bundle of Joy}
Stamps: Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Spring Moss, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Offbeat (Basic Grey)
Ink: Espresso Your Style (CSS)
Accessories: Parakeet Brads (Bazzill)

3 comments:

Janelle February 23, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Love it, Dana! Great, great color combination... love orange and green together. Thanks for all your nice words, too. :) It's a bit chilly here today, too... but bright and sunny (by the looks of it... I took the day off work, but my only contact with the outside so far has been opening the door to let the dog out. haha!). I am happy that it seems spring is on the way. Have a great rest of your day!

Unknown February 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

So beautiful card! :)

Nicki February 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

Great color combo. And I love the quilt look of it - fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP