In honor of President's Day & TLC 156

Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm so excited to share this little project with you. I think it turned out really good! Okay, the idea for this project came from Splitcoast Stampers. Every Monday they have a TLC (technique lovers challenge) and today it was to make and decorate this little pouch. It would be perfect to fill with candy or a gift card. You make it out of an envelope! Make sure you seal it first. When I make this again (and how could I not, it's so darn cute!) I will make the handles a little longer so it's easier to stuff the candy in. Since I have a whole mat stack of red, white, and blue patterned paper, I decided to make this a fun President's Day pouch. Click here for the tutorial I used. I didn't have a tag punch, so I just used good old-fashioned scissors. No measuring needed.






Here's a picture of the base. The glue was bad on the envelope so I had to use tape to seal it. I rounded the corners using a corner punch. Decorate and you're finished!







Stamps: Peaceful Wishes (SC!) I used a marker and just colored in the "PEACE part of the Peaceful Wishes Stamp

Paper: Red Stripes, Blue w/ White Stars, Blue Gingham from Generations Mat Stack, Whisper White (SU!)

Ink: Brilliant Blue Marker

Accessories: Silver Brad, Envelope, Blue Ribbon, Red Ribbon, corner punch





Here's a birds-eye view so you can see the pouch opening.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP