Garden of Hollyhocks

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Sunday! My hubby and I had the best night last night. We went out to dinner to celebrate his promotion and we stopped by Michael's Craft Store on the way home. I was looking for some brown grosgrain ribbon for my card below. There's a whole aisle of ribbon at Michael's- both sides of the aisle! And they didn't have any of what I was looking for! I bought something that was close, along with some designer paper and itty bitty white primas.

I was putting the ribbon on the card this morning and it just didn't go. Being the resourceful person I am (LOL) I ended up taking white grosgrain ribbon and running it over my brown ink. I think it looks pretty good. Anyway, about the card! It was inspired by this card from Jenny Gropp. I didn't have any of the stamps she used, but I think it still has the same overall effect. I hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Hollyhocks Jumbo Roller, Paisley Background, Warm Words (all SU!)

Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU!), Cream

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Ribbon


1 comments:

Jenny Gropp February 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Thanks for ultimate card comlpliment of casing my little card. Your card is FANTASTIC and great tip with inking the ribbon... I need to remember that instead of wasting too much time hunting something that might match!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP