Daliah Fold

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today I did something I have never done, and I did it twice! I followed a tutorial on how to make a criss cross card and another tutorial on how to make a flower using the daliah fold. I got the idea of putting these two elements together from this post on Sarah Green's blog. I love how my card turned out. My friend Sherry just got engaged over the weekend and I'm going to send her this card to congratulate her and Bob. Sherry is a fellow scrapper, so I know will enjoy this card. The daliah fold was very easy to do. It looks so elaborate, but you only use 8 circles. I want to put one on every card I make! The criss cross card was easy to make as well. It doesn't open like a traditional card. You simply pull up on the insert for the message.

Stamps: Warm Words (SU!)

Ink: Night of Navy (SU!)

Paper: White, DP from Chatterbox, Night of Navy (SU!)

Accessories: Silver Brads

On another note, I've had a hard time keeping the kids occupied today. It snowed and we can't go anywhere. I desperately needed to go grocery shopping too. I gave Colin a magazine and my paper cutter. This kept him occupied for almost 45 minutes! After nap, I'm going to give Halle and Colin some glue so they can make a collage with all their scraps. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Sarah Green February 12, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

it looks FAB and I love the paper you used! your little man looks like a great helper!!!!

Jeannie February 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

I haven't tried the criss cross fold yet but I love what you did with it combining it with the daliah. Awesome colors!

Jeannie

Jenny Gropp February 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

This looks super - Your folding looks perfectly precise!

hmmm -- I was looking for an email link on your page... but did not see one, might be a good addition to your blog. Looks like our blogs are exactly the same age...brand new little blog babies! Congrats on getting your blog up and running, it looks fantastic!

http://onekraftykat.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP