Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop...

Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's time for Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop!  It's been a few months since I was able to participate, so I'm really excited I had the time to participate this go round.
The theme this month is autumn texture, think warm and cozy.  I used some really old Stampin' Up twill tape for the main texture on my card.  It was about an inch and a half thick, so I sliced it down the middle before weaving it in a basket-like pattern.  

The flowers come from the set Icon Images that I received for attending the Stamp-A-Faire last year.  I stamped the flowers on cream card stock first and then cut them out with scissors.
The little tag was cut from a CSS die, Tags 2, and stamped with a sentiment from Mixed Messages.  I've had that stamp set FOREVER, it was one of the sets in my very first PTI order.  

Thanks for hopping by!  

{Birthday Wishes}
Stamps: Icon Images, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: On the Catwalk Cream, Glamazon Green, Green with Envy, Brown Leather Satchel (CSS)
Ink: Orange You Fabulous, Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Dies: Tags 2 (CSS) 
Accessories: Twill Tape (SU), Glue Dots, Silver Brads

6 comments:

Laurie August 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM  

Hey there girl! Love what you did with the twill ribbon! Such a gorgeous treatment!

Tracey McNeely August 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

What a beautiful card, I love the twill ribbon.

Leigh Penner August 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM  

Lovely! I love how you wove the twill ribbon for your background-- very striking!

Susan August 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

I love all the texture you created with the woven twill! I have tons of that laying around from packaging - now I know what to do with it! Great card!

BeverlyBL August 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM  

This is a fun little treatment. Good job.

Carol's Ink Spot August 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

Nice take on the challenge. Great way to use the twill ribbon. Lovely card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP