A Baby {Congratulations} Card...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy, Happy Friday!  Three glorious days of no homework or getting children ready for school.  Transitioning into back-to-school mode is HARD!  It's been two and a half weeks, it should be getting easier, right?  

So, I enjoying making cards, but today I NEEDED to make a card.  I needed to chill out and be in my own little world for a while and not worry about packing lunches or if I signed the kids' agenda.  I was not in the mood to come up with an original design, so I turned to my Card Inspiration Pinterest Board. I've had my eye on this card for quite a while, today is the day I finally CASEd it!

I looked through my dies and punches to come up with something different than a butterfly so my card didn't look exactly like the original.  When I CASE a card, I try to make it my own as much as possible.  So, as soon as I spotted the giraffe die, I knew I was destined to make a baby card.  
I haven't used patterned paper in I can't even remember how long.  I've been enjoying creating my own backgrounds with stamps.  However, I was in a mood for something different today and gravitated toward patterned paper.

Since I was pleased with how the boy card turned out, I thought, why not make a girl version?  So that's just what I did!

 And here they both are together.  Cute, right?
I hope you all have an amazing holiday weekend!  Here in the Untied States we are celebrating Labor Day on Monday so the kids are off school and my husband is off work.  We are planning on spending some time with friends and family, so I'm hoping that will recharge my battery for next week.  

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!

{Congrats Boy}
Stamps: All Occasions 1, Baby Shower (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Your Style Blue Me Away, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Basics Manila (Basic Grey)
InkYour Style Blue Me Away, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Dies: Baby Shower (CSS) 
Accessories: Foam Dots, Blue Gems, Stamping Sponge
{Congrats Girl}
Stamps: All Occasions 1, Baby Shower (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Coral Necklace, Kraft Like a Rockstar, I'm a Princess Pink (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Basics Manila (Basic Grey)
InkPaint the Town Pink, Dish All the Dirt Brown (CSS)
Dies: Baby Shower (CSS) 
Accessories: Foam Dots, Pink Gems, Stamping Sponge 

2 comments:

Nicki August 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM  

These are great - love these Dana :)

Unknown September 1, 2012 at 3:30 AM  

In this Congratulations Baby Shower Message you need to include only your congrats.



Congratulations Baby Shower Message

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP