Card Storage & Packaging...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hey guys!  A fun opportunity has come up for me to sell my cards at a local shop.  Over the past few days I've been wracking my brain for ways that I can display and package my cards (and also not spend much money doing it).  So, here's what I came up with.
This is a box that I've been holding onto FOREVER to turn into a card storage box.  It came from Target and originally held mini bags of potato chips.  It is the PERFECT size for A2 cards.
First, I wrapped the box with some kraft wrapping paper.  I wrapped a long piece of green tulle around the box and tied it in a bow.  I did the same thing with some hemp twine, but tied that in a knot.  (BTW, the cards inside are not going to stay like that, read on).
I used some CSS dies for the tags and their Alpha Modern stamp set.  The little tag uses a stamp that says "handmade just for you" from the Craft Room Sentiments set.  After the tags were made, I threaded the hemp twine through the tag holes and tied a bow.  Now, onto the cards.
All of the cards will be stamped with my name on them.  This is a stamp I received from  CSS for my birthday a couple years ago.  Aren't they the best?!  I use that stamp all the time.
I bought some clear acetate bags at Walmart (97cents for 20).  Each bag contains a card and envelope.
The tops of the each bag are folded over and secured with a sticker.  They say "Handmade by: Dana Grothaus" and then in small print under that is a note that says "all cards are blank inside".  I love that each card has it's own little package, not sure how I'm going to package card sets yet, but this'll get me started.  

I also bought some post-it flags that will go on each package to tell what occasion the card is for in case someone is looking for something specific.  

The cards that I've chosen to sell first are ones that I made a long time ago where the supplies are no longer available and have no chance to be published because of that, but they are all still super cute.  (I'm been horrible at submitting cards to magazines and haven't for about the last 8 months, but I submitted a few for this last CARDS Magazine call and one was accepted!  Yay!).  

Anyone have any experience with selling their cards at a shop?  Any advice for me?  Pricing?  Inventory?  So far I've only sold to family and friends.

Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by!!!

1 comments:

whoistracy August 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM  

Love your little box Dana!! Congrats on selling your cards, too. I got my cards into a local shop back in January of this year and it has definitely been a learning experience. But it's nice to have a place for my extra stash to go to. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP