CSS Release Review Day 3...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Hello!  It's day 3 of Clear & Simple Stamps release in review!  I have a really cute card/tag to share with you today.   It's soooo simple, I think that's why I like it so much.  Too bad the creative process wasn't fast and simple, but now that it's come to fruition, it'll be super fast and simple for you to recreate!
These two greens (Glamazon Green & Green With Envy) make one of my most favorite color combos.   So, my card base is 3" x 3" and I used the die from Tags 2 for my Green With Envy tag.  I stamped the tag with an image from Trendy Tags 2 using Glamazon Green ink.  

The banner is sort of a fake out!  It looks like one of those folded banners, but this version is sooo much easier.  Check out the close-up below for a visual picture, but I'll explain it too.  I took a skinny piece of A Blanc Check card stock, I trimmed it to the width of the card, added the cuts to make it look like a flag banner, then I adhered it under the tag.  At this point I adhered the tag panel to the card using foam dots.  I took the leftover piece of A Blanc Check card stock, trimmed it to a little wider than the tag, stamped my sentiment (also from Trendy Tags 2) and adhered it to the tag using foam dots.  Sounds complicated, but really super easy! 
You won't want to miss what the other ladies of the CSS DT created using Tags, Toppers, Edgers and Borders!


If that wasn't enough excitement, I have a project featured on the Clear & Simple Stamps App for the iPhone!
Have a great day!

{Please Take One}
Stamps: Trendy Tags 2 (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Glamazon Green, A Blanc Check, Green With Envy (CSS)
Ink: Glamazon Green (CSS)
Dies: Tags 2 (CSS) 
Accessories: Foam Dots

3 comments:

Suzanne August 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM  

Love the yummy greens with the yummy looking apples, Dana! I also love the fake-out banner - I always try to score and fold and it never comes out looking as good as I had hoped, so I am trying this next time! I love the striped diecut - adorable!

Jennifer Rzasa August 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM  

The banner effect is really cool! And those apples look just delicious..which I could take one!

Lori August 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

I love those greens together! And, thanks for sharing your banner tip--I'll have to give that a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP