A {One of a Kind} Card...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Hi there!  It seems like I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night almost every night.  A few nights ago though, this card popped into my head. Bizarre, I know!  I finally got some time alone in my studio and I had fun figuring out how to use the "washi tape" technique.  I think it works best with wide sticky tape, but all I had was skinny tape, but it still turned out just fine, just a little extra effort.


I started out with some tissue paper trimmed to 1" width.  If that tissue paper looks familiar, it's Clear & Simple Stamps signature blue tissue paper that comes in every order.  I used Background Basics I and True Blue Fan ink to make all my strips of "washi tape".  It was very easy to do.
Adding the lime green floss was something that almost didn't happen.  It was an afterthought when I realized I didn't want a completely monochromatic card.  I just love the pop of color it adds.  I chose the sentiment to reflect the different patterns in the strips.  I have a friend that is definitely one-of-a-kind and I know she will love this card.


Have a great day!

{You are one of a kind}
Stamps: Crafty Sentiments, Background Basics I (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Ink: True Blue Fan (CSS)
Accessories: Tissue Paper, Sticky Tape, Green Floss

6 comments:

Suzanne February 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

Dana, I love this! The colors and mix of patterns are perfect.

Unknown February 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM  

So cool, Dana!

whoistracy February 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

Very cool Dana! What a great way to recycle the packaging.

Donna Huisinga February 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM  

Great minds think alike. My card yesterday was very similar!

Steph Zerbe March 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM  

Awesome monochromatic card. Love the tape technique. I gotta try it! Love the colors!!

Lori March 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM  

Your faux washi tape is awesome--love the mix of patterns!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP