"It's A Party!" CSS Release Review

Sunday, February 5, 2012


Hello!  Since Clear & Simple Stamps releases are so big that they're going bi-monthly, the DT and I are taking this opportunity to work with a few sets you may have overlooked.  We each created an invitation and a party favor.
For my card I created an invitation style, one layer wonder.  I took a standard A2 size piece of Trendsetter Blue card stock, I masked an off-center square and stamped the wood grain image from the new Background Basics I set in Dish All the Dirt Brown.  I removed the mask, stamped the sentiment from Critters Party Elements and colored the word "party" in using a pink copic marker.  I stamped the kitty image on I'm a Princess Pink card stock, cut it out and adhered it to the card.  I filled in that cute little heart nose using that same topic marker used on the letters.  I decided to do some faux stitching around the masked square for a fun finishing touch.
Flipping the card over you can see that it's divided in two the way of a regular postcard.  I love the sentiment "for one cool kitty" followed by my daughter's name.  The kitty on the back of the card is an even smaller version of the one on the front, but uses the same paper-pieced treatment.  I used Alpha Duo to create Halle's name, colored in with the same pink topic marker like the word "party" on the front.  I stamped place, date, time, etc. using Critters Party Elements.
Now for the most fun, the party favor!  I used the Party Favor #2 die with the fancy lid.  Once I die cut the lid, used a Shapes: Hearts Die and die cut a heart in the center of the lid.  I used a small square of clear transparency to create a window.  I stamped the "window" using the stamp set that comes with the Shapes: Hearts Dies.
You can see here where the box base was stamped with a woodgrain stamp, just like the invitation.  Once the box was put together, I filled it with chocolates and wrapped it up with some brown embroidery floss.  The little circle tag uses that same mini kitty from the flip side of the postcard.  


I hope you've enjoyed today's little card/favor combo.  For even more ideas making invitations and favors, please check out the rest of the design team:


Have a great day!

{It's A Party!!!}
Stamps: Taglines: Critters, Background Basics I, Alpha Duo, Shapes: Hearts, Critter Party Elements (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar, I'm a Princess Pink (CSS)
Ink: Dish All the Dirt Brown, Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Shapes: Hearts Dies, Party Favor #2 Die, Clear Transparency, Circle Punch, Foam Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge, Brown Floss, Black Pen, Sticky Tape
Copic Markers: W3, R85 

2 comments:

Admin Inarity February 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM  

Cute cards! I love your pink kitty and the post card look a like at the other side. Awesome idea! TFS. :-)

whoistracy February 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM  

Just love the idea of a postcard invite- way to save on postage!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP