A {Get Well Soon} Card...

Friday, February 10, 2012


Another day, another PTI challenge.  I was so happy to see that today was a sketch challenge.  Today I used yellows and kraft, which I think is a widely underutilized color combo.  The light yellow is PTI's Lemon Tart and the darker yellow is CSS's Say Yellow to All Your Fans.  I love how they look together.

I decided to use an image stamp in the center of the card instead of just the sentiment like the sketch suggests.  I don't know about you, but it really doesn't bother me that the colors I use for the wreath/berries are those that wouldn't be found in nature.  Maybe a lemon tree?  Anyway, as long as it goes with the card, I'm cool with it.
The rhinestones were originally clear and I colored them with an orange-y yellow copic marker.  I love that trick!  


Well, it just started snowing here which is really exciting since we haven't really gotten any snow this year.  It's actually supposed to stick this time.  The kids usually have at least 5 snow days by now and we've only had one due to ice.  I'm making a big pot of chili tonight (bean chili that is) and I can't wait to have a cozy night at home.  At lease at home after my kids' Valentine's Day dance if it doesn't get cancelled due to bad weather.

My son's teacher asked me to organize this year's Valentine's Day party and I've been having so much fun finding activities.  I'm making a word search using all the names of the students in his class which my little guy is really excited about.  I also printed off some Valentine Bingo Cards and I'm going to punch a ton of hearts from card stock to use as covers.  It's going to be fun!

Have a great weekend!

{Get Well Soon}
Stamps: Wreath for all Seasons, Text Style, Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Say Yellow to All Your Fans (CSS), Lemon Tart (PTI)
Ink: Glamazon Green, Espresso Your Style (CSS)
Accessories: Clear Rhinestones, Buttons, Floss
Copic Marker: Y38 

1 comments:

The Ossege Family February 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM  

I LOVE this card... the layout, the color scheme, everything about it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP