A {You're A Hoot} Card...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pin It

Hello there!  I hope you are off to a good start this week.  I worked as a sub on Thursday and Friday and it totally wore me out.  I another card I made for the Clear & Simple Stamps January release.  This card uses a technique that I had totally forgotten about.  Not masking, but masking using die cuts.  
Here's what I did.  I totally meant to take pics of the process, that would be so much easier to explain.  


First I masked off the outside of the card leaving an open rectangle in the center.  Then I die cut the owl shape and the branch and punched a circle using plain copier paper.  I arranged the die cuts where I wanted them and held them into place using repositional adhesive.  Then I sponged the background blue (my sponge had green on it already (whoops!) so that's my by blue looks greenish blue).  I removed all the masks, which left an open area for my sentiment, owl, and leaf images.  I stamped all those images and then colored them in using watercolor pencils.  Such a cool technique! 

If you've been following my blog lately, you'll see that I've been loving to mask things lately.  I love anything where I can get more mileage out of a stamp set.

Have a great day!

{You're A Hoot}
Stamps: Little Critters, Critter Sentiments (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Glamazon Green, Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Accessories: Little Critter Die Cuts, Stamping Sponge, Circle Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter 

2 comments:

Basement Stamper January 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

cute card!

Donna Huisinga January 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM  

This is a really cute card! Makes me want the die cuts and stamps if I had extra money floating around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP