A {Runway Inspired} Card...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


Hello!  It's so rainy here today, the perfect circumstances to spend a morning getting crafty.  Clear & Simple Stamps is sponsoring the Runway Inspired Challenge this week.  One of my favorite shows is Project Runway, so this challenge was really fun and I can't believe this is the first time I'm participating.  
 Here's the runway look for this week, pretty cool, huh?
And here's my card:

I cut all the strips to be .5" and then realized that they all wouldn't fit on the card.  Then I decided to overlap some of the strips.  I did follow the pattern of the dress (red-pink then pink-red).  I also wanted to add a lot of white to really make the colors pop.
I had so much fun making this card, although it took awhile since I haven't been crafty in a few days. 


On a personal note, I've been having a tough few weeks.  I had a small procedure done to my bladder right after Christmas.  Luckily I was completely back to my old self in about two weeks (the first few days were pretty rough).  Since I was back to normal, I decided to start running again.  Within one week, I was back to running 3 miles at a time.  I was so happy to get back into running again.  It's something that I love and hate.  I hate doing it, but I love that I am able to.  Make sense?  Anyway, after my run on Friday my back was a little tight, no big deal.  We went bowling Saturday night and I felt fine until we were leaving, then my back ached.  I woke up the next morning with shooting and stabbing pains all down my lower back and legs.  Ugh, and it just happened to be the day we were hosting my son's birthday party.  Somehow I made it through the party with some painkillers.   I went straight to the chiropractor the next morning who found that my L5 vertebrae was turned and my pelvis was tilted forward (nothing to do with my bladder surgery).  Anyway, he informed me that running is horrible for your back.  What?  I was just getting back into running, eating a healthy plant-based diet, I was really doing everything right for once.  So upset by this news.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I've been to the chiropractor twice and need to go back quite a few more times.  He said it would probably take 8-12 weeks to fully heal.  Ugh.  Such a bummer.  


Well, sorry for being such a downer (look at my bright and happy card again and cheer yourself up!).


Have a great day!

{You're My Rainbow}
Stamps: Quotes II, Lucky Charm (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Orange You Fabulous, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Trendsetter Blue, VIP Purple, Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Ink: Paint the Town Pink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, True Blue Fan (CSS)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Red Baker's Twine

4 comments:

Basement Stamper January 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

sorry you have not been feeling so great, hope that your back starts feeling better. Great card, love the stripes of paper.

Clear and Simple Stamps January 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM  

Awwh man what a bummer :( Well I hope your card cheers you up too, its fabulous! Take it one day at a time...

Jennifer Rzasa January 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Sorry about everything you're going through.

I love the stripes on your card- so cool that you overlapped some! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Cristina January 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM  

I'm so glad you're joining us! And this layout RULES. I may have to steal it for myself. :)

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP