A {Happy Birthday Friend} Card...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hi there!  I have a fun and easy card to share with you today.  I went to the store this morning and made an impulsive purchase, a Xyron machine.  It was only $8!  Of course I was anxious to use it, and it was so easy to put adhesive on the back of these narrow rick rack strips.

I actually thought this card out a bit before I started to assemble it.  I wanted to use the "triangle rule" with the color black.  See how the sentiment is black and well as the rhinestones on the left and right side.  Each area of the color black forms a triangle which is supposed to be pleasing to the eye.
The black ink I used is my absolutely favorite black ink I've ever used.  It's A Perfect Little Black Dress from Clear & Simple Stamps.  I loaded up my stamp with the ink and ended up with a perfect impression.

And now for some completely random stuff:

  • I went to the chiropractor yesterday (fourth day in a row) and I'm feeling great!  I think my chiropractor is different than most.  He has an exercise room in his office.  In addition to realigning my back, he taught me a bunch of exercises to strengthen my core so I don't re-injure myself.  I don't have to go back until Monday!
  • I'm absolutely addicted to the game Phase 10 for the iPad.  I've always liked the card game, but since it's digital, you can play a whole game in 20 minutes.

  • Anyone else a huge Anderson Cooper fan?  I've always liked him, but I'm in love with his new daytime talk show, Anderson.  So dreamy!

That's about it for me!  I'm going to my SIL's for a girls craft night tomorrow and I can't wait.  Don't know what I'll be making, maybe some Valentine's for my kids to pass out at school.  I need to start thinking about next years Christmas card, it is almost February!

Have a great weekend!!!


{Happy Birthday Friend}
Stamps: Craft Room (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Accessories: Rick Rack Die (PTI), Black Rhinestones

2 comments:

Clear and Simple Stamps January 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM  

the rule of three worked well here :) love the colors - great birthday card Dana!

Unknown January 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM  

this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Now I have to have those dies, too!! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP