A {Good Luck} Card...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hi there!  I was about to say Good Morning, but I guess that ship has sailed.  It felt so good to participate in a card challenge today.  It's been a while for me.  I printed off this week's CPS Sketch and jumped in with a new stamp set (Background Basics I) from Clear & Simple Stamps.
First I created the black and white background (not sure what the technical term is here).  I cut them into three equal pieces and adhered them to Glamazon Green card stock (which is my absolute favorite color).  And then I got a little hung up.  I didn't want to follow the sketch exactly but didn't know what I wanted to do differently either.  I finally settled on some green floss, wrapped around the panel many times and then I tied on the bow and tag.
The button is a silvery gray color, so it coordinates with the card instead of matching exactly.  I mounted the panel on white card stock to finish it off.


Just another little note about the buttons.  My daughter, Halle, separated all of my buttons by color over the weekend (they filled up a small coffee can).  I had bought some little jars at Ikea months ago and all they were doing was collecting dust.  I have about 9 little baggies of buttons with only 4 jars.  I guess that means another trip to Ikea in my future!  I'm so thankful to Halle for helping me out.  It was so easy to choose a button today.  

Have a great day!

{Good Luck}
Stamps: Lucky Charm, Background Basics I (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Glamazon Green (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Tags Die (CSS), Green Floss, Green Button, Foam Dimensionals

1 comments:

Jennie January 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM  

Fab design! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along with us this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP