A {You Float My Boat} Card...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hi & Happy Friday!!!  We have a busy night and weekend ahead of us, but it's all fun stuff and I can't wait to get started.  I made this card for the Embellish Magazine Challenge which was to use the colors in my card as well as to use a nautical theme.

I feel like this card is a bit technique-y.  I don't have any tag dies, so I made my own by using a Labels 9 Spellbinder's die and sliding the kraft card stock just under a portion of the die.  I stamped the chevron stripes first on the light blue card stock and then on the kraft, then lined them up before the tag was adhered.  I stamped the boat on white card stock, colored it with copics.  I used an x-acto knife to cut a small portion of the chevron stripes on the tag so I could slide the boat under the "waves".  The boat also was also outlined using a W3 copic marker so it would pop off the page a bit more.
I love the baker's twine on the tag.  I wrapped the twine through the hole about four times, tied a bow and then cut the loops.

Hope you have a fun weekend!  I know we will!!!

{You Float My Boat}
Stamps: Across the Miles, Tweet Notes (Clear & Simple Stamps), Chevron Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Trendsetter Blue, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Ink: Dare to Be a Diva Red, Your Style Blue Me Away, Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Labels 9 Nestie (Spellbinders), Baker's Twine (Jillibean Soup), Brads (CSS), Hole Punch, Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals
Copic Markers: 0, W3,  B93, B95, B99 

2 comments:

Cristina July 11, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

I am dying over that chevron wave overlapping the boat. Stroke of genius!

Chunyuan August 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

Love the chevron strip wave. The tag is a great idea. COngrats on your Embellish shout out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP