A {Get Well Soon} Card...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hey there!  I thought I would give this week's CPS Sketch a try although you know how much I despise diagonal lines.  Making the diagonal  panel in the background was pretty easy since I used a double sided piece of patterned paper.  I simply cut a 4" x 4" square, cut it in half diagonally and then flip one of the halves over.  I matted it on a piece of 4.25" square piece of card stock.
I created the flower by punching three scalloped circles out of patterned paper, stacking them on top of each other and then using scissors to cut a straight line toward the center to create petals.   I puffed up the flower a little to give it some dimension.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I'm packing up all my scrapping supplies to take to the Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire.  I can't wait to spend the day with my sister-in-law, friend, Nichole Heady, and some of the PTI Design Team.  It's going to be a fun day.  I know I'll have loads to share with you next week.

Have a great day!

{Get Well Soon}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Simply Blue-tiful, On the Catwalk Cream (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Hattie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Accessories: Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals, Edge Distresser, Buttons, Glue Dots, Scalloped Circle Punch (SU)

3 comments:

Basement Stamper July 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

very pretty, that was a very intimidating sketch!

Maggie Lamarre July 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

Very pretty,
I am inviting you to join our linking party this week at

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Thank you so much for joining us every Wednesdays.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Deanna July 27, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

Purdy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP