A {Welcome Baby Grant} Card & Gift Set...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hello!  I'm so happy you stopped by today so I can tell you all about my nephew that was born this morning. My SIL was supposed to be induced this morning but the baby couldn't wait that long.  My SIL went into labor last night and had the baby at 4:49 this morning.  I didn't even know she went into labor last night and woke up to a text from my brother saying baby Grant had arrived!  Such a great way to start my day.

So of course we headed to the hospital as soon as we were given the go ahead.  I had Grant's gift all ready but I still needed to make a card.  I've known the baby's name for months so you would have thought I would have had a card made ahead of time, but I didn't.
I love to make cards, but I especially love to make cards when I'm making them for a specific person.  It gives me such a warm feeling while I'm making it and knowing who will see it and how they will feel knowing I made it especially for them.  In this case it was Grant's parents since Grant is, well, a baby.
I know glitter is probably considered girly, but in this case it just shows how excited I was.  I wanted to glitter everything.  Note: When you use glitter expect to have some on your face here and there until your next shower.  


Since Grant is my brother and SIL's second child, there were no showers or registries.  I wanted Grant to have something special so I learned how to crochet so I could make him a baby blanket. Thank goodness it takes 9 months to have a baby because it took me a long time to get crocheting down.  I started his blanket on May 21st and finished it on July 4th.  When I worked on it I would always think about Grant using the blanket and the life he has ahead of him.  Needless to say, I loved working on his blanket.
Now, I don't really know how to properly photograph a blanket so I just laid it on my bed (artfully?).  It is a little larger than a regular baby blanket.  It's pretty thick and soft, very flexible and not stiff at all.

This is something my family calls a love-y.  It's a little blanket (about 1' x 1.5') that babies sleep with.  They usually get attached to it have to sleep with it all the time.  I hope he likes Aunt Dana's love-y.  It is super soft like a stuffed animal.  The material was hard to work with, but I love how it turned out.
And here they are all wrapped up before I put them in the gift bag.  Presentation is everything!
I wouldn't be a good aunt if I didn't share a couple pictures of the little guy.  



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you didn't mind my gushing too much.  See you tomorrow!!!

{Welcome Baby Grant}
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, Whale Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like A Rockstar, Green With Envy, Glamazon Green, A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Your Style Blue Me Away, Green With Envy (CSS)
Accessories: Sticky Tape, Glitter, Foam Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch, Edge Distresser

1 comments:

Basement Stamper July 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Love the packaging of your blankey's for Grant-so cute! Something I'm sure he will love as he gets older and has something to cuddle with. The card is perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP