A Lovey {Anniversary Card}...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

 
Hello!  As I mentioned yesterday, today is my 9th Wedding Anniversary.  This card was made this morning especially for my husband.  The sentiment says "A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you" -Author Unknown.  The hardest part about making this card was finding the perfect sentiment.  I think my husband has received so many cards with the "I Love You So Much" sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings that I didn't want to use that one again.


Do you ever see a card someone else has made and can't get it out of your head until you make one like it?  Well, this morning as I was drinking my coffee and perusing my blogs (my usual morning routine) I came across this card from Laurie.  It was just perfect in every way.  Sometimes when I CASE a card I will look at the original card while I'm making my version.  But this time I didn't and I think that helped me make a card that wasn't too similar to Laurie's.  
I added some brads and floss instead of ribbon and pearls and I love using cork on masculine cards.  The cork layer covers the front of the card, even under the strips.  I didn't want the strips to be uneven.  

Well, I'm off to the store to buy some ingredients for dessert tonight.  I'm making a Strawberry Bundt Cake that uses real strawberries.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Have a great day everyone!

{Happy Anniversary}
Stamps: Love Note (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Your Style Blue Me Away, Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Hattie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Accessories: Top Note Die (SU), Designer Mix Brads (CSS), Brown Floss (DMC), Cork, Foam Dimensionals

4 comments:

Barbara Taylor July 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

Happy Anniversary Dana, Love your card. Been married to a wonderful man for 56 yrs. It does get hard to find the right sentiment, one that doesn't seem like you are saying the same thing over & over even though in your heart you mean the same plus.

Basement Stamper July 6, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

happy anniversary, this card is awesome and I'm sure Scott will love it! Hope you have a great day!

Laurie July 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

Dana your card is fabulous! I love the cork and the brads! The patterned paper is perfect! Thank you so much for the shout out and sending me your link!

Donna Huisinga July 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Happy Anniversary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP