A Simple {Friendship} Card...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello!  Today I thought I'd try a new technique that I hadn't heard of before watching the Make-It-Monday video yesterday on Papertrey Ink.  It's a technique called dry brushing.  The video shows paint but as says you can use ink, which is what I used.  I simply inked up my brush and lightly painted the white ink on the card starting from the edge dragging the brush to the center of the card.  I stamped the white chevron stripes before I did the dry brushing.

To make the flower, I used a scalloped circle punch and used scissors to cut a spiral to the center of the circle and then rolled it from the outside to the inside.  It's adhered with glue dots and then I added the black brad to sort of ground it.
You can see the edge of the card where I did the dry brushing technique.  I think it gives the card a sort of shabby chic feel.  What do yo think?

Have a great day!

{There's no one like you}
Stamps: Friends 'til the End, Chevron Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Pain the Town Pink (CSS)
Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI)
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch (SU), Black Brads (Making Memories), Paint Brush, Glue Dots

5 comments:

Kara July 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

this technique looks great on your card!

Ally July 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

I love this beautiful card. It made me smile. ;-)

Jen Adcock July 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

So very pretty. The soft focus edges really add to your lovely card. The chevron stripes are so perfect here too. I really must get mine inked up. Stellar job!

Unknown July 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM  

so pretty! love this technique!!

Lisa Elton July 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Great job on the technique (I used ink too!)...pretty card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP