Holiday Gift Ideas from HomeGoods!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Hello!  I have teamed up with HomeGoods and Blogher to share a fun gift giving idea with you.  HomeGoods provided me with a $25 gift card to go shopping in their store and knock a few people off my holiday list.  This was so much fun!  If you normally visit my blog for something crafty, don't worry I got all crafty with this as well.  

My three girlfriends from high school and I have dinner about once a month.  Every December we go out to dinner/lunch instead of just going to someone's house.   We always exchange gifts and I usually make something like fudge or peppermint bark.  So, I decided to use my HomeGoods gift card to buy three gifts.  I wanted to give them something food related like I usually do.  HomeGoods has an awesome gourmet foods section. I forgot to mention that I had my two kiddos with me, and I was grateful I was able to find the perfect item so quickly.  So, here's what I chose:
I put two sprinkle jars with each cookie mix.  Here's the close-ups:
Snowflake Sugar Cookie Mix with cookie cutter and 2 jars of sprinkles
Gingerbread Cookie Mix with cookie cutter and 2 jars of sprinkles
Christmas Tree Cookie Mix with cookie cutter and 2 jars of sprinkles

So here's the crafty part.  I needed to package these gifts and make tags.  I put each gift in a gift bag filled with tissue paper and then made some fun tags.  I saw a tutorial for these super cool ponytail holders on Maile Belles blog and I knew I had to give them a try.  I followed the basic directions except I didn't have the same dies.  I actually used a Labels 9 Die from Spellbinders and I hand-cut the leaves.  I also stitched a line down the center of my leaves to give it a little depth.  I glued my finished flowers on clips instead of using a ponytail holder.  
The idea is that they will pin these to their purses of shirts, or they might just put them in their daughter's hair.  By the way, this is my first experience with felt since grade school.  So fun!  
As for the tags, I used my oval nesties to die cut three ovals.  I stamped the sentiment in red.  I punched a few holes in the top to attach the flower clip.  I also threaded red floss through the hole to attach the tag to the bag.  

And here's everything all packaged and ready to go!
Here's the fun part for you!  HomeGoods is giving away a $100 shopping spree and another 20 winners will get $25.  All you need to do is leave a comment on the Blogher Exclusives Page saying who you would cross off your holiday shopping list with a HomeGoods gift card. 

I hope you enjoyed today's post.  It's a little out of the ordinary for this blog, but oh so fun!  Have a great weekend!


Bookmark and Share 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP