OCC Challenge - Monochromatic Mania

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello there! I'm here today with a challenge that I came up with for Our Creative Corner. The challenge is to use monochromatic colors. You can use one color or many shades of that one color. You may also incorporate a neutral like white, cream, black, or kraft. I chose purple as my color and you can see there are many shades. This card has so many elements, I barely know where to begin. I used a digital image for the "I just wanted to say..." panel. I simply changed the text to purple to match before I printed it out. The swirls behind the oval are stamped in versamark. The glitter-y swirls are actually from a pack of Halloween stickers from Doodlebug Design Inc. as well as the purple gems.
Now, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out what the rest of the design team created. There is never a time limit on our challenges, so feel free to play along whenever you can.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!


{Just wanted to say...hello}

Acrylic Stamps: Friends 'til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Rubber Stamp: Swirly Background (Stampabilities)
Digital Stamps: Just Wanted to Say (Raindrop Echo Designs)
Card Stock: Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink), Cream
Ink: Perfect Plum (SU), Versamark
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Purple Flowers (Prima), Purple Jewels (Doodlebug Design Inc.), Foam Dimensionals, Sticker Glitter Swirls (Doodlebug Design Inc.)

Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

LorettaL September 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Thanks for the month of wonderful challenges, Dana!

Silke Ledlow September 26, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Super purple-licious card - Dana!!!

It was so fun seeing you during the PTI blog hop last night!!! Hugs ~S~

Lori Rider September 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Dana, I love your purple card! Just beautiful. Thanks for all the great challenges this month!

Wendy J. September 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

You've been a great hostess for the month's challenges! Thanks! And great card!

Jenny Gropp September 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

A fun month of challenges Dana!
This a fun card - bling and swirls, you know I love the embellishments!

Jennifer Meyer September 26, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Hi Dana :) Thanks for the wonderful month of challenges, you rock girl!! I agree with Silke, your card is purple-licious, LOVE the swirls and sparkle... Looks like we were thinking the same thing!

Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

Mrs B September 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Dana, I love your card! Great job on the challenges this month..I hope I can do as well on my month!
CindyB

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie September 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

This was a great challenge, Dana. Love your purple card. Thanks for a great month of challenges!

raindropecho September 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Another fantastic card. It's stunning, Dana! Love that swirl!

Karen Wilson October 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Very pretty!! Love all the purple and what a neat challenge this is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP