Holiday Wishes...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hello! I tried out some new paper today, and I think my card turned out really well. I have never seen glossy colored paper before Patti from Paper Maniac sent me some. You can see in the picture below the glossiness. I used my new cuttlebug folder to dry emboss the glossy paper. Since the glossy paper has a white center, I was able to take a sanding block and sand off the raised area leaving white.
This paper is gorgeous! I can't wait to try out the other colors! Have a great day everyone!


{Holiday Wishes}
Stamps: Wonderful Wishes (Verve Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft (SU), Red Glossy (Bindakote), SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Accessories: Swirls & Birds Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Red Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray), Geneva Brads (Bazzill), Sanding Block (Making Memories)

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Micki September 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Wow, I love your cards..they are so elegant (love the clean & simple look) and this one..... first time I saw a glossy cs used..... awesome

papertrails leaver September 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

I love the glossy card stock and the embossing you did and then sanding is gorgeous!

Unknown September 24, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

I just love all your cards!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie September 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

This came out great dana I will have to give it a try!!!

Monika/Buzsy September 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

What a great card! Love the simple layout and the great paper. The sanding looks great. TFS!

Jenny Gropp September 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

The glossy card stock really makes it classy -- love the contrast with the sanding and the gloss too!

raindropecho September 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Can that embossing get any more beautiful?! Looks great on that red paper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP