My First Christmas Card of the Year

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yep, you read that right.  I'm starting to work on Christmas cards.  Normally I send out around 65 cards and they are usually all the same card.  I thought I would change it up this year and send out a variety of cards.  
I saw this wonderful card on Wendy Wexler's blog last week and fell in love.  I love finding new ways to use stamps.  I thought her card looked like a wreath, so I thought I would make my wreath a holiday one.  It was super easy.
This card was really hard to photograph since it's a window card.  I think this is the first window card I've made.   Before I forget, this card also uses a button which was the requirement for the ways to use it challenge today at SCS.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

{Holiday Wishes Wreath}

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (SU), Wonderful Wishes (Verve Stamps)
Card Stock: SS White (Papertrey Ink), Mellow Moss (SU)
Ink: Mellow Moss, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Sheer Red Ribbon (Offray), Button, Green Thread (DMC), Scallop Circle Punch (SU), Coluzzle 

2 comments:

Karen H. (kthaman) May 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

This is beautiful! I love how you used the silhouette stamp - very creative.

Kelli D. May 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

This is a really creative use of the pocket silhouettes stamp. Very nice card, Dana.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP