Fun With Foam Core!

Monday, January 19, 2009

I do not have a card to share with you today, BUT I do have a pretty cool project. Way back in September, Nichole Heady had a post about her work space. See that cute sock organizer? Well, I've been looking for something like that ever since. I never could find *exactly* what I wanted, so I made *exactly* what I wanted.

I saw this and this on Splitcoast using Foam Core a few days ago. That's when the light bulb went off! If you don't know about Foam Core, it is like two sheets of poster board with styrofoam sandwiched in the middle. You can cut it with an exacto knife.

Right now, all my supplies are in various drawers and cabinets. It takes me forever to make a card since I have to keep getting up and down. I wanted a unit where I could keep everything I use frequently right in front of me. Please keep in mind that this is not very pretty, but it is very functional. It is put together with hot glue, so it's not something I will be moving around a lot. This whole thing cost me around $6. I already had a glue gun, glue sticks, a ruler, and an exacto knife. When I make another one of these, I will be sure to buy a T-Square so my cuts are straighter. The whole unit is about 13.5" x 12.5". Each tier is 4.5" x 12.5".

Here is the view of the front:

Here's the bottom tier. It holds: SU! Mat Pack, 3D-Dots, SU! Dimensionals, Embossing Powders, Brads, Tombow Liquid Glue, Stamp Cleaner, Stickles, SU! Crystal Effects, Snail Adhesive, Punch, Black Staz-on, Versamark, and Black & White Ink.

Here's the middle tier. It holds: SU! Stampin Spots (room for 4), markers, pens, pencils, white gel pen, highlighter, scissors, paper piercer, exacto knife, stamp-a-ma-jig, a few PaperTrey Ink stamp sets, and a few packs of 6x6 paper.

Here is the top tier. It holds: some 12 x 12 designer paper, Coluzzle, paper trimmer, neutral cardstock (white, kraft, ivory), in-color card stock, and a ruler.

Please feel free to ask any questions. If you decide to make one of these yourself, I would love to see it. Have a great day!

Supplies:
-2 Foam Core Boards
-Glue Gun
-Glue Gun Sticks
-Ruler
-Exacto Knife



5 comments:

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Oh my gosh! I love this! It is so lovely and organized!!!! One thing I wanted to point out to you before it is too late is your ink pads...they need to be stored flat so that all the ink doesn't pool to one side.

Jennifer January 19, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

That is so awesome! I could never come up with that on my own. Love how organized and neat it is.

Susan (peebsmama) January 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

What a great organizer and how cool that you made it yourself!

Melissa Galban January 20, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

WOW! I just love this. What a great way to keep everything at arms length. I may have to scrap lift this from you.

Debbie September 22, 2017 at 8:02 AM  

I love this! Do you share
the plans on how to make it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP