Baby Shower Favors

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were wonderfully relaxing! As you can see, the new year brings a new design to my blog. I've started to dabble a bit in digital scrapbooking. So far I've only learned enough to do a very simple blog header.

I have a busy week ahead of me. I'm hosting Colin's birthday party on Saturday and a baby shower for my Sister-in-law on Sunday. The picture above shows some party favors I made for the baby shower. They are filled with 6 Hershey Kisses. I found a tutorial here. The shape of the container comes from sour cream containers that come with your baked potato from fast food places (Wendy's).

I used some old supplies on this project. The footprint stamp is so old that the rubber is hard! The paper comes from an old Paper Pizazz paper pack. I think I bought that over 5 years ago when Halle was born.

These containers were so easy and quick to make. The kids had fun helping me fill them. I made the first 10 or so using sticky tape like the tutorial shows. Once I ran out, I used regular snail adhesive and the process was much quicker.

I almost forgot to mention that my little blog hit 15,000 hits on New Year's Day!!!! This blog has been so much fun and allowed me to "meet" so many new people. Thanks so much for all your support. Have a wonderful day!
{Baby Shower Sour Cream Container Favors}
Stamps: Newborn Feet (StampCraft), Noteworthy (Stampin' Up!)
Card Stock: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Patterned Paper: Mixing Baby Papers (Paper Pizazz)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch (EK Success), Stampin' Sponge, Blue Sheer & Grosgain Ribbon (Offray), 1/4" Circle Punch (Stampin' Up!), Snail Adhesive

2 comments:

Gina Lindsay January 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Congrats on the hits!

Love your containers, they are so cute! I like that they all coordinate, but aren't exactly the same.

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Dana,
Love your creativity and your entire blog! I am a relatively new stamper (almost a year) and I believe you and I have about the same inventory of stamp sets!
Didn't look too far back~but good for you posting all of these completed projects and cards!
Someday maybe I'll muster up the strength and set aside a week to figure out how to create one...not today. Thanks for sharing!
jana

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP