Altered Box for Card Storage

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ETA: This project has been removed for publication. There are a lot of pictures to this post though. I will return them on July 1st. Hey ladies! I was reading Nichole Heady's blog the other day and she had a great post on solutions for organizing and storing all the cards you make. She shared her own idea as well as the other design team girls'. Now, I don't have a problem keeping my cards organized, but it doesn't look very pretty. Whenever we have people over, often times someone wants to look through my cards. Now I have a much better looking storage box. The idea for the box I made came from Debbie Olson and Heather Nichols.

Here is the 'before' picture. I told you it wasn't pretty.
I also have stacks of cards laying all over the place, so I guess my organizing wasn't really working.

Here is the ugly green box I altered. I've had this roll of "wrapping paper" for years. The design is ugly but luckily it's only on one side.
I used sooo much adhesive on this, you have no idea!
I used stamps from PaperTrey Ink's Mixed Messages set. That set didn't have any stamps for that said 'wedding' so I printed one out using my computer saying "Bride & Groom" and another one that said "blank" for all those cards that don't have a sentiment. I used Old Olive ink for the stamped image and also for the sponged edges. the circles were punched using a 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" punch.
Here are the indexes. I adhered a 1.5" piece of patterned paper along the top and then adhered the circle labels.

Ta da! I love how this turned out! I printed "cards" using my computer as well.
And here is a close-up.

I know that's a lot of pictures, but I'm easily intimidated when I see just the finished product. If it's broken down into steps, it seems a lot more attainable. Take care girlies! See ya tomorrow!


{Altered Box for Card Storage}

Stamps: Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss
Patterned Paper: Kiwi Kiss Patterned Paper Pack (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Coluzzle, Computer & Printer, Kraft Wrapping Paper (???), Stampin' Sponge (Stampin' Up), 1 3/4" punch

8 comments:

Debbie Olson January 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

You did a fantastic job on this, Dana--love the fresh, clean design!

Jenn January 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

This looks fantastic - pretty & inspiring!

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I absolutely love, love your cards box. Thank you so much for this neat idea.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft January 6, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

SO inspiring!! Great job! :)

Gina Lindsay January 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Wow! That looks really great. Love your colors here.

Photosnappinmama January 7, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

What a great box! I am like you & loved seeing all of the photos! I think I will try to make one of these up for myself so I can have a much cuter way to display my cards as well!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary January 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Fantastic storage system! It looks great!

Susan (peebsmama) January 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

What an incredible project. I love everything about it. If I wasn't so busy making cards I would actually try making a card organizer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP