Masked Red Ornament Card

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hey ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I posted a picture of my kids below. We had a great time. Trick-or-treating and then the high school football game.

I have a really busy day today, but I still wanted to make a card. This type of card has been around the block. I've seen all kinds of cards like this over the years. It is a one-dimensional card. No layers. Basically, you cut out a circle and use it as a stencil. I used a Coluzzle for my circle. I sponged red ink for the ornament base and then stamped snowflakes with white. My white looks pink though. All in all I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I really wanted to add a little gold, but just couldn't get it to look right. I'm definitely going to try this again but with two or three ornaments.

Here's a picture of my kids with my SIL Steph (Aunt Stephie). Colin dressed up as a pirate and Halle a witch. They had a blast. Thanks for stopping by today!

{Masked Red Ornament}

Stamps: The Snowflake Spot (Stampin' Up)
Card Stock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Real Red, Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Coluzzle, Sponge Dauber, Red Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray)

1 comments:

Gina Lindsay November 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

This is new to me, I love the way this looks. The simplicity of the background really makes the ornament stand out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP