Blog Hop Night!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ETA: The blog hop was last night! I've been rushing around for the last hour and a half to get this card done and posted AND IT WAS LAST NIGHT!!! ARGGGG....

If you read my post earlier today, I didn't mention that tonight is PaperTrey Ink's blog hop. That's because I totally forgot! I had to wait until the kids went to bed, but I did manage to pull this off. The challenge this month was to build your own floral embellishment for a card. The card I made uses a technique called the Dahlia Fold. I've made this flower only once before. You can find the tutorial I used here.

This card uses Kiwi Kiss Patterned Paper. One side is polka dots and the other is a floral print. The flower is anchored with a white brad. The base of the card is Stamper's Select White with Old Olive sponged on the edges. I used a square of Riding Hood Red behind the flower. The tag and ribbon are Kiwi Kiss and stamped sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages.

Her is a close up the Dahlia Fold Flower. Thanks for stopping by tonight! Enjoy the hop!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Dana

PS. If you have never heard of the blog hop and have no idea what I'm talking about, details are here. You can view the projects of other blog participants by clicking here.

13 comments:

Diana November 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Your flower looks pretty! I think my girls and I will try this; it looks like a lot of fun.

cheers,
Diana

Gina Lindsay November 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Very pretty, I haven't tried to attempt one of these yet. The paper you chose looks great as a flower.

Jennifer Holmes November 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

So sorry you missed the date! But,late or not, this is fab and your flower is very well done.

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 1:56 AM  

Love the dahlia and the colors.Beautiful card.

Unknown November 27, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

Sorry you missed the hop - but this was definitely worth the effort - fab flower - love that idea - gorgeous card.

Babies-Beth November 27, 2008 at 4:30 AM  

Grab a cup of coffee, go to the list of participants, and do your own blog hop! Your card is wonderful!

Mindy November 27, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

This looks awesome!

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

wow, those folds are awesome, i bet it took forever! Lovely :)

Anonymous November 28, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Gorgeous!!!!!

Unknown November 28, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

pretty card - and i want to try that flower! the colors are pretty..thanks for sharing

Kylie Bowers November 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

LOVE that card!

Lee December 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

I totally love this flower. Well done on a great job.

Deanna December 1, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Gorgeous... I have made one of these but it never looked this good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP