All Natural Detergent & Softener

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you already know that I've recently gotten really interested in the environment and recycling. I came across this recipe for homemade laundry detergent that I just have to share. Not only is it environmentally friendly it is totally friendly to your wallet. You will still need to spot treat stains. I have included pictures because these items were hard for me to find the first time since I had no idea what I was looking for.


All Natural Laundry Detergent
1 Bar Fels Naptha Soap, grated
1 cup Washing Soda (made by Arm & Hammer)
1 cup Borax

I found all of these ingredients at Kroger for a total of $6.50!!! The Washing Soda and Borax are located in the laundry aisle at the top and the Fels Naptha is with regular bar soap (Ivory, Dove). Mix these ingredients and store in a ziploc bag. You will need 1 tbsp for a small load and 2 tbsps for a large load. Yes, that's all. I've been using this for about 3 weeks and am not even close to running out. You should only need to buy more Fels Naptha for your next batch, you will have plenty of Washing Soda and Borax for about 5 more mixes.

All Natural Laundry Softener
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar

I pour this into my downy ball so it is dispersed during the rinse cycle. I promise your clothes will not smell like vinegar, but will be soft. This is a ton cheaper than buying fabric softener and is just as effective.
Please let me know if you try this and what you think! Take care!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP