SWAK and some random info!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First, I finally found the perfect punch to go with my new JustRite Monogram Stamper. I don't like a lot of border like some other punches and my Coluzzle leave. You can see the empty border I don't like on this card. It absolutely drives me crazy when the punch companies don't write the diameter on their circle punches. How else would you know if it was the right size?? This punch is made by Whale of a Punch. This punch is 1 3/4 inches (although this size is not marked on the box). I took it out of the packaging at the store and cut out an image to make sure it was "JustRite" ha ha! Look at the tight fit!Here's a technique I tried this morning that seamed to work very well. I make scallops all the time in a straight line with my corner rounder punch, but today I made scallops around a circle. If you've never tried to make scallops with your corner rounder punch, it is really easy. Here's a great tutorial by Beate Johns. You do exacly the same technique with a circle. I love tools that do double duty! I also just learned how to make ric rac with the same corner rounder punch. I will show you that tomorrow.

I used the scalloped circle in the card below. I also used my new circle punch and two circles made with a Coluzzle to make all those layers. I recently bought a Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser for $1.99 (what a deal!) and have been using it a ton. I think I'm becoming addicted to distressing.
Here's a detail shot of all the layers. I used dimensionals under both blue layers.
And here's what my "workspace" looked like when I was finished with this card. I can't wait until my "workspace" is not the kitchen table where I have to clean up frequently. Do we really need a place to eat? Really?!
{SWAK} Card
Stamps: JustRite Monogram Stamper
Card Stock: Old Olive (SU)
Patterned Paper: All other paper from BasicGrey Paper Stack (Cupcake Series)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Accessories: White Brads (Making Memories), Dimensionals (SU), Coluzzle, 1 3/4" circle punch (Whale of a Punch), Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Piercer, White Pen (Gelly Roll), SU Mat Pack

1 comments:

Lynne.W August 17, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Oh my!! And heres me only just found out how to do a scallop in a straight line! Thank you for this, I'm off to practise now!
Oh, meant to add I found yoru blog through a link for your mom's gift card holder in your gallery on SCS, stunning work
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP