JustRite Gift Card Holder for SC190

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hi everyone! I made this card/gift card holder for today's Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast. I've shown this type of gift card holder on my blog before, but I wanted to show you just how easy it is. I'm a visual learner, so it really helps me to see the steps. The finished size of your card will be 4"x 4".


Start with a piece of 4" x 11" cardstock. Score at 4", 5.5", and 7".




Fold on the score lines so your card looks like this:




















You will need to glue along the edge shown.
















Then your card will look like this:




















Line up your gift card and make a pencil mark just a bit larger than your gift card.













I used my Coluzzle to cut my opening, but you could use a punch as well.




















Here's what it looks like when you remove the Coluzzle. You just need to snip the part that is left in the middle.




















Now it looks like this:
















Slide your gift card in the slot you just made.









Then decorate the front of your card! Your card will most likely not stay closed on its own. I used some velcro as a closure.











Stamps: JustRite Monogram Stamper, Acrylic Flower (Studio G- Michaels $1)
Card Stock: More Mustard, Buckaroo Blue (SU)
Patterned Paper: All other paper from Basic Grey 6x6 paper pack (Cupcake Series)
Ink: Real Red (SU), Black from JustRite Monogram Stamper
Accessories: Buttons, 1 3/4" circle punch (Whale of a Punch), Coluzzle, Rafia (used like thread for buttons)

5 comments:

Jennifer August 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM  

Love this! Your tutorial was extremely helpful...I have seen other gift card holders, but they just seem difficult to make. Your directions/pictures clearly show how easy this is to make. Thank you!

Dawnie August 21, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Super Duper Cute & Creative! Can't wait to give it a whirl...

Thanks for sharing!
Dawn

Linda August 28, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

Oh, I really like this style for the gift card holder. Your step by step instructions were great!
Great card!

Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

wow...your instruction was so helpful..specially with the pictures of each and every step...

Sonya June 4, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Thanks so much for the easy to follow tut. I made two this morning using the Splitnegative technique:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP