Monogrammed Unity Candle

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I think you all can tell that I'm having a blast with the JustRite Stampin Champion Contest. The gift card holder I made yesterday (see post below) was chosen as a hopeful!! Okay, so I've been trying to "think outside the box" for some of my submissions. I kept asking myself what I could make that someone would want to have personalized and keep forever. Once the idea of a Unity Candle popped into my head, I couldn't stop thinking about it until I made it. I love how it turned out!

The silver candle holder is from my wedding in 2002 and of course I made the monogram of Scott & Dana. I was a little reminiscent while making this. Peach was not my first choice of colors (not my wedding colors by the way), but the selection was very limited at Wal-Mart. Peach was the only color they had in both a pillar and tapers. I spent a whopping $1.20 total on all three candles!!! I picked out the ribbon to coordinate and tame down the peach color. This is the very first time I have used the JustRite Monogram Stamper without the circular border since I wanted an oval shape. The monogram in heat embossed and then stamped over with the branch from Peaceful Wishes (SU) stamp set. I cut out the ovals using a Coluzzle. Here's a close-up side view.
The ribbons are a sage color 1 1/2" wide satin and the cream is 5/8" wide satin in the center and sheer at the edges. You can see in the picture below that wrapped the sage ribbon around the candle and then tied the cream in a bow. This is the picture of the backside (below). I think this would look just as good with both ribbons wrapped around and no bows. What do you think? Stamps: JustRite Monogram Stamper, Peaceful Wishes (SU)
Card Stock: Mellow Moss, Naturals Ivory (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss (SU)
Accessories: Ribbons (Offray-details above), candles, clear embossing powder, heat gun, Coluzzle, Unity Candle Holder (Lenox)

1 comments:

Catrina August 22, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

Those are awesome! Hope the first week of both kids being in school went well! Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP