A {You Make Me Smile} Card...

Friday, March 4, 2011

Hey guys!  I'm still blogging away on this tiny lap top.  I hope my photos don't look too wonky, the photos are so small when I'm editing them.  Anywho, sometimes I don't have a lot to say and other days I'm thinking about everything I want to say while I'm making my card.  Well, here's one of those things.  When you have cards published in magazines they will send you the issue that features your card along with some goodies.  Yesterday I received a copy of the November CARDS Magazine that I had a card published in, along with some scrappy goodness that included the brads I used on today's card.  They are gorgeous!  I decided that I didn't want to hoard them, but to put a whole bunch on a card to make it super special.  I really like how it turned out.  I thought the brads would be the perfect center for the sun shape from the SPRING stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps.
Whenever I'm making a card and am having trouble coming up with a layout I often fall back on this grid style card I used for today's card.  I just love how easy it is to make, yet it looks like it would have taken a lot of time.  

I ordered some ink from Clear & Simple Stamps a little while ago and have opened and used all the colors except for one.  This morning I opened up a color called Brown Leather Satchel and I have to tell you, if you are looking for ink that perfectly coordinates with your kraft card stock, this is your color.  I wish I would have discovered that earlier.  I know this is going to be one of my go-to colors.

Okay, I think that's enough chatting from me today.  I'm expecting some new 6 x 6 packs of paper to be delivered over the weekend.  I can't wait to play with some new goodies.  My supplies have been feeling a little stale lately.  Hopefully some new stuff will breathe a little life back into my studio. 


Take care and have a great weekend!!!  

{You Make Me Smile}
Stamps: Spring (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream (CSS)
Ink: Brown Leather Satchel, Creamsicle Cardigan, Espresso Your Style (CSS)
Accessories: Jocelyn Designer Brads (SEI), Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals

2 comments:

Nicki March 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Well, well, well...what a fab card we have here! It's official - I LOVE this card! :)

Simone P. March 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

This is so cute! Way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP