A {With Sympathy} Card...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hello!  I peeked at today's sketch challenge at SCS right before I went down to my studio.  If you know me, I rarely use diagonal anything on my cards.  Elements can be a little off-kilter, but not diagonal.  However, this sketch was so simple and basic looking that I just had to give it a try.

Well, I think there's probably a pretty good reason I don't like diagonals.  I can't make a card I like with them.  I love the papers and elements of this card. In fact, I can think of three different layouts that would make this card so much better.  But, everything is glued down already, oh well.  It's still okay looking, just not great.
One thing I absolutely do love is that doily!  It was digitally cut using my Silhouette machine.  I've been seeing doilies everywhere lately and thought I would jump on the band wagon.  I love seeing the Silhouette in action. I actually tried to make a video for you all to see, but my phone completely shut down right in the middle. I guess that was not meant to be.  Soon though!  


A little tip, I cut out a bunch of doilies using white paper.  Now I can just sponge them any color I want when I'm ready to use them.  That's what I did with the doily on my card today.  It used white card stock and I sponged it with blue ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

{With Sympathy}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink) 
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream (CSS), Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Hattie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Prussian Blue (Colorbox), Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Accessories: Doily Digitatally Cut Image (Silhouette), Pearls (KaiserCraft), Edge Distresser

1 comments:

Coffee Loving Geek March 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

I love the diagonal layout you used on this card! I'm the same way... :) eveything has got to run straight up and down or across. This would be a fun layout to use for different projects. I've been contemplating cutting some of the doilies from Silhouette but haven't gotten around to it. This is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP