Surprise Birthday Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011


Good Morning!  Today we are surprising Reenee, one of the fearless leaders behind Clear & Simple Stamps.  She is going to be so surprised!  If you have made your way here from Sarah Martina's blog, then you are in the right place.   If you are visiting with me first then you will want to start this special birthday blog hop from the beginning at Clear and Simple Stamps.

I am so fortunate to be meeting Reenee and Nikki in person on Friday.  They will be in Louisville which is only about a two hour drive for me.  We'll all meet at the CK Scrapbook Convention.  I've never been to one so I am super excited.  I'll also be learning a thing or two about using copic markers.  Anyone else attending?
I was so lucky to have some new paper pads delivered right before I started making this card.  I pulled out a few sheets I liked the best and created this card.  My son was quick to point out that I did not make three-in-a-row in my tic-tac-toe.  For the hearts I used a much neglected set "Love Notes".  I am in love with the hounds-tooth heart stamp, simply awesome.  Can't wait to use this set again.
There are many layers to this card.  I love mixing and matching patterned papers and I love the green accent.  This was my first time using baker's twine.  I've been looking for it in stores for a while and they either didn't have it or it was out of stock. I finally broke down and bought some online.  I knew I would love it. 


We can't have a blog hop without a fabulous prize- a surprise package of CSS goodies. In order to qualify for the prize, participants must leave a birthday wish for Reenee on our Facebook and/or Clear and Simple Stamps birthday blog post.  CSS will pick {2} winners - one winner from FB and one winner from the CSS Blog. And for fun - CSS will gift everyone a 15% off coupon good for that day only when shopping at CSS. You will just need to enter birthday15 in order to receive the discount. This coupon will not be valid with other offers and is good for one day only.


Now on to your next stop at Beth Matson's blog.  Here's a list of all the participants just in case you get off track.


Thanks so much for sharing in Reenee's birthday fun!!!  Have a great day!

{Birthday Wishes}
Stamps: Love Notes, Icons Extra (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream, I'm a Princess Pink
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Green with Envy, Dare to be a Diva Red
Accessories: Baker's Twine (Jillibean Soup), Foam Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch, Heart Punch (Paper Shapers), Stamping Sponge

14 comments:

4Ucards March 8, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

You do a beautiful job with your layering. I also love your hearts.

Wendy March 8, 2011 at 8:28 AM  

what a fun card, love it!

Steph Zerbe March 8, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Super cute card design! I love the grid look and the sweet hearts!

Beth M March 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

Great card! Love the heart grid.

Rochelle March 8, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

It's valentine's day everday with this card!

whoistracy March 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

So very sweet Dana! I love all those hearts. Leave it to kids to point out those things we overlook. LOL

scrappergirl March 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

Love your card.

Basement Stamper March 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

the mixing and matching looks wonderful and I love the tic tac toe with the twine ;-)

Cristina March 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

Total fabulousness!

Kristin March 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Great card, love the tic tac toe format

mom2fivekiddos March 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

This is a beautiful card! I love the layers....and the paper!

Lori March 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

So fun! Love how you used the twine to make the tic tac toe grid!

Janeen March 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

luvin' the layers

Ayana Posadas March 10, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

Gorgeous card! I really love how you incorporated the twine. Very cute idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP