My 1st KWerner Challenge!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I have been reading Kristina Werner's blog religiously for about a year now. I am participating in Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge for the very first time today. Okay, here's what the inspiration picture looks like:


I also combined Kristina's Challenge with today's sketch challenge at Splitcoast. I am so very pleased with how this card turned out. Today was the first day in a while that I have thoroughly enjoyed creating. What a great way to start out the new year.


And here's a close-up:

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve. We have an overnight babysitter (my parents) and we will be playing Rock Band all night with friends.

PS. You will notice that my colors are not exact, and that's okay with Kristina. Anything close will suit just fine.
{So Glad We're Friends}
Stamps: Best Yet, Pocket Silhouettes (Stampin' Up!)
Card Stock: Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Patterned Paper: Kiwi Kiss Designer Series Paper Patterns (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Whisper White, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: White Brads (Making Memories), Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

12 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) December 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

I like how you turned the sketch on it's side. Great card.

DoxieGirl December 31, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

love how you combined the challenges! great job!
~Kendra

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

Beautiful card. The colors are soft and elegant together.

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

your card is beautiful! great job! : )

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Very pretty. Way to go on your first one.

Mary December 31, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Very pretty card.

Anonymous January 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

really pretty card - I like the white embossing

Lauree January 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

i love those silhouette stamps. well done!

LeAnne January 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Love it! These colors are so nice & fresh, you did a great job with both challenges!
LeAnne

Tina January 1, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Really sweet / good balance of the colors.

Anonymous January 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

great layering layout!

The Ossege Family January 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

I love the new look of the blog! Did you design it? I love the card too! I'm not getting e-mails with your new blog posts anymore, is feedblitz still working?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP