Finally Finished Baby Shower Cards!

Friday, December 12, 2008

I am finally done making the 26 baby shower cards for my SIL's baby shower. They turned out really cute, but boy were they tedious! Making them took a large chunk out of the last three days. I despise making the same card over and over. Oh well, in the end it was worth it. I know my SIL will love these.

Here is my genius tip. I knew I would be wasting a lot of blue paper since I was just using it to cut out circles. I didn't want to waste card stock, so I bought a pack of post-it notes! They were the perfect size, only cost me $2.50, and I have two other pads leftover to use for myself!

Here are some more pictures. This is the inside. That oval fit just perfectly. My Coluzzle sure did get a workout this week. This blue paper is actually blue copy paper I swiped from my Mom's house.


Here is the little stamp on the back. I did put my initials in the heart before I mailed them out. I love how it looks like the stamp is on his tushy!


And here's what 26 of them look like!
Now that I'm finished, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. That is, until I start thinking about the 50+ Christmas cards that still aren't done! Have a wonderful weekend!
Dana

{Baby Shower Invitation for Boy}

Stamps: So Many Scallops (Stampin' Up!), All Occasions (Inkadinkado)
Card Stock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise Marker, Yo Yo Yellow Marker, Brilliant Blue (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: White Mini Brads (Making Memories), Blue Post-it Notes (3M), Coluzzle, printer

3 comments:

Unknown December 16, 2008 at 2:46 AM  

Very nice Dana. I must admit that the concept of you card is really innovative. The fold of the card is simple, but the shape is very nice and unique which is further followed by nice color combination. if you wish you can check out unique collection of baby shower thank you card. I liked your blog very much and wish to make a reference to your blog in our site, if you could kindly do the same for our site. Please feel free to send us your feedback to

webmaster@uptownbabycard.com

Janitha February 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Dana, Thanks for sharing such an adorable and do-able shower invitation. I knew I would find something cute and unique on SCS where I found the bridal shower and wedding invite ideas that I made. I can't wait to get started as I have a few months to get them done for my son and his wife's first baby. Being able to see the inside is always helpful to me and I love the post it note idea! Thanks again.

Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

did you use a template or just free hand the onesie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP