Look what I got for Christmas...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Hey guys! It has been a very relaxing past few days. I absolutely love the time between Christmas and New Year's Day. We haven't done very much and that's been wonderful. It gave us all time to play with all of our new toys- me included. The above picture is a few scrap related things I received. When I had a Stampin' Up party in November, my Mom, my Mother-in-law, and my Aunt bought me some goodies for Christmas. What is not in the picture is another stamp set, Say it with Scallops and two dies, Top Note and Birds and Blooms. The card below uses the Birds and Blooms dies. So fun!

I also wanted to mention my very favorite Christmas gift, which was given to me in November. My husband and I gave each other a Kindle. I absolutely love it! I'm a reading nut anyway, but now I'm able to read more than ever and I'm no longer on my library's waiting list for new releases. The books I've been reading have only been about $5-$6 each!!! The Kindle is a bit pricey, but you will save money in the long run. I'm currently reading the Twilight series, which is surprisingly good.

What us really great about the dies are that you can use a lot of your scraps. This card uses three sizes of flowers and one leaf size. After the flowers were cut, I bent the petals for a 3D effect. I used the bird from "Season of Friendship" and Kind Thanks from "Thank You Kindly".

Hope you all are able to relax this week. It's been fun playing with my new toys!

{Kind Thanks}

Stamps: Thank You Kindly, Season of Friendship (Stampin' Up)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Pirouette Pink, Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Real Red, Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Birds and Blooms (Sizzlits Set by Stampin' Up), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), White Mini Brads (Making Memories), Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp)

1 comments:

Lorie December 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

I love the cards! And what great Christmas gifts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP