Halloween Treats!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I was at a total loss thinking about what I was going to make today. So, I decided to make my Halloween treat boxes- finally! I found this take-out treat box idea on this post from Dawn McVey. I kept this idea in the back of my head and when on a random visit to Hobby Lobby, I saw a 10 pack of these small take-out boxes on clearance!! I bought 2 boxes of 10 (all they had left) for $2.15 per box!!!!

Both stamps I used are Michaels $1 stamps. The spider web is embossed. I cut "Halloween" out with pinking sheers. I was able to make all those perfect bows by tying them {get this} upside down. I don't know why, but whenever I tie a bow, the tales are pointing up instead of down. So, I just flipped the box over and they all turned out just perfect. All those "how to tie a perfect bow" instructions always start by making a loop on the right side, and I just can't do it. I tie bows like I tie my shoes. So, I'm very happy with this new discovery.
Not a great picture, but here are the nine boxes I made.

Have wonderful fall day!


{Halloween Take-Out Treat Boxes}

Stamps: Cobweb & Halloween (Michaels $1)
Card Stock: Pre-made white tags, purple paper (unknown), Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Versamark, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Take Out Boxes (Westrim Crafts), Pinking Sheers, Brown Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray), Candy

1 comments:

Denise October 28, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Very cute, those candies look so yummy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP