CSS's Simple Cuts & WCMD!

Saturday, October 6, 2012



Hello there!  Hope you are having a great Saturday!  In celebration of World Card Making Day, Clear & Simple Stamps has just released some new dies that coordinate with some popular older sets.  Today I'm sharing a card I made using the newly released dies for A Guy Thing.

First, I took the blue panel, a ruler, and pencil and marked where I wanted the ties.  The panel is 4" so I made a mark at 1", 2", and 3".  That's how I was able to line up the tie die up so perfectly.  When you need to use a die in an exact place, I always use masking tape to hold the die right where I need it as it goes through my Cuttlebug.  

Now for the fun part!  I had so much fun with these ties.  I used a "kissing" technique for the designs on the ties.  If you are not familiar with this technique, I'll try to explain.  First, start off with a solid image stamp like the solid tie from A Guy Thing.  Next, pull out some stamps that have fun patterns on them, in this case I chose some designs you might actually find on a tie.  What you do is ink up your solid image stamp (tie), then press it against the patterned stamp (kiss them together!), this will cause the ink to be removed from the solid stamp, leaving the patterned design on the solid stamp.  Then stamp on your project.   

I hope you were able to follow that!
Check out the Clear & Simple Stamps Blog to check out the other dies that are being released and links to projects from the other design team members.  

Be sure to stay tuned next week for the official Collection 5 release kicking off October 10th!!!

Have a great day!

{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: A Guy Thing, Trendy Tags 2, Designer Lines (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Ink: Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS), White
Dies: A Guy Thing (CSS) 
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Foam Dots

1 comments:

Basement Stamper October 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

Love this cut! Very cute card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP