CSS Group Project!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello there!   I have a fun Halloween project to share with you today.  The CSS Design Team and I are all sharing Halloween projects on our blogs today.  

Since last Halloween I've been keeping my eyes open for a healthy candy alternative to give out this year.  There are only about 5 kids on our street and I always make them something special.  I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn on Pinterest a little while ago and thought it would be perfect to package individually to give out as Halloween Treats.  I played with the recipe a little and found the perfect ratio of popcorn to spices.  I'll share the recipe below after we talk about all the crafty goodness on the tags.  
Let's start with this small tag.  Both tags use dies from this Tags 1 set.  See the solid and dotted brown image?  That's from a larger stamp that is a label.  I feel kinda sneaky not using the whole image.  The label comes from this set, Label Frames 1.  The word "pumpkin" is from Perfect Harvest Sentiments  and the word "pie" comes from Perfect Harvest Fillers.  
The pumpkin is from Perfect Harvest Too.  The pumpkin shape was die cut using Mini Produce and then the solid pumpkin image was stamped in orange and then the outline was stamped in brown.  The pumpkin is popped up on foam dots.
The sentiment "trick-or-treat" and "a sweet treat" are both from Trinket Sentiments.  Did you notice the embossing on the tag?  That was done using the new Woodgrain/Fall Frenzy Impression Plate.  I love how the impression is deep, but you can still stamp on it!
----------------------------
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn
1/2 C. Popcorn Kernels
3 T. Brown Sugar
2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 t. Salt
3 T. Butter (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread, which is vegan)

Mix dry ingredients, set aside.  Melt butter, set aside.  Air pop the popcorn and put in a brown paper bag.  Drizzle popcorn with butter and shake to coat the popcorn.  Sprinkle on dry spice mix, shake to evenly coat.  Enjoy!
-------------------------------
I can't wait to see what the other designers are sharing today!  I hope you'll join me in visiting their blogs.  





Have a great day!

2 comments:

Audrey October 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM  

Pumpkin Spice Popcorn... who'd have thought! I will have to try that! Love your cute little tags!

Lori October 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM  

Love the woodgrain tag, Dana--and the popcorn recipe sounds delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP