A {Thinking of You} Card...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hey guys!  Do you ever see a card that is so simply awesome that you just have to make it yourself?  You think you are making a card just like theirs but in the end it's just not as totally awesome as theirs?  Seriously, I like this card, but it's just not as awesome as Susan Raihala's card shown here.  Of course I changed it a tiny bit to fit what I had on hand.  It's funny that her card inspired me and she based her card off of someone that inspired her.  It's like an inspiration parade!

Anywho, I used some scraps from an older paper pad I had.  I used 5 different pieces of paper (maybe that was the problem, Susan only used 3).  My panel is popped up on foam dimensionals for a little added interest.  
My sentiment is off center and I used a bow instead of twine, those are the rest of the major differences between our cards.  


Do you ever CASE a card and it not turn out anything like the original?  I do that all the time, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as gets you inspired.


Have a great day!

PS.  This card is being sent to one of my "blog buddies".  Someone I've never met in person but I've been thinking about her and her family that are going through a difficult time.  This crazy blog world is something else.  Who would have thought that I would have formed so many meaningful connections with people that I've never met in person?  Certainly not me when I started this blog in 2008.
{Thinking of You}
Stamps: Thinking of You (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Ink: Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Foam Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad, Scallop Edge Punch (SU)

1 comments:

Susan Raihala November 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

EEEEEEEE!!!!!! The ribbon, bling and scallop edge are FANTABULOUS!!!! So glad you shared this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP