A {Sending You Christmas Joy} Card...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Friday!  I'm so glad it's Friday and also a date night with my hubby.  It's been a while since we've been out without the kids that wasn't a function for his work where I had to behave myself.  We are going out with the couple that went on the cruise with us.  We are no doubt going to have blast, if we can figure out exactly what we are going to do.  


Let's get on to talking about about my card shall we?  This is a very clean and simple card.  I've had the sentiment set for a while and keep forgetting to use it.  I did a little masking to the sentiment so I could do it in black and red ink.  I stamped the "string" with black ink and then stamped the lights on a separate piece of  white card stock in red and green.  I then stamped over the lights using versamark ink and then heat embossed the lights with clear embossing powder.  I cut out the lights leaving a little bit of a border and then applied them to the card using foam dimensionals.  It was little bit of work for such a simple  looking card.  Looks can be deceiving.


I hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!  

{Sending Christmas Joy & Cheer}
Stamps: Holiday Lights, Stylish Sentiments: Holiday (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Glamazon Green (CSS)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark

2 comments:

Suzanne November 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Love this card, Dana! You've inspired me to use my light set...have fun on your date night!

Deanna November 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

Perfection Dana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP