A {Thinking of You Today & Always} Card...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello there!  Look at me, posting before noon!  The kids are back to school and I am filled with mixed emotions.  They were so ready to go back to school and I thought I was ready for that too.  This is the first year that they will both be gone all day.  I have a list a mile long of things I want to do and accomplish, but I'm just feeling like I'm having an identity crisis this morning.  I did feel better make this card for one of my besties.  She is having a rough day today too.  I love making cards with a particular person in mind.

I'm loving this card for two reasons.  I broke out my sewing machine (because I'm going to attempt to hem my Mom's curtains) and I sewed in a straight line.  I think I even learned something.  If it continues to work for me, I'll share that tip with you later.  The other thing is the ribbon.  I really love those knots.  I don't really know where the idea came from, but I loved that it worked.
Are you all enjoying these larger photos?  I was playing abound with the html the other day and figured it out. I'll hopefully be working on a new banner soon.  I have plans, big plans.  Just hope I don't screw anything up and delete my blog by accident!  That would be a rough day.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

{Thinking of You Today & Always}
Stamps: Iconic Images (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, A Blanc Check, Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Paint the Town Pink, Green With Envy (CSS)
Accessories: Edge Distresser, Sewing Machine & Thread, Corner Rounder Punch, Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensionals, Ribbon (Offray), Stamping Sponge

5 comments:

Julia Aston August 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

what a pretty card Dana! love the ribbons and colors! I used a purse template you linked to back in February on my blog today - thought you might like to see it - I gave you credit for inspiring me! http://createwithjulia.blogspot.com/2011/08/friends-of-waltzingmouse-forum-blog-hop.html

Donna Huisinga August 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

Pretty card. I like what you did with the ribbon.

Nicki August 19, 2011 at 5:30 AM  

Super cute. I'm with you LOVE the knots! I am sure your friend will like her special card.

Leigh Ann Baird August 19, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

The big pic is nice. Your card is so pretty! I have yet to use that stamp set but I'm sure I will use it eventually. I want to re-do my blog banner too but I am super lazy. LOL

Deanna August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP