Papertrey Ink: August 2011 Blog Hop

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today is the 25th and that means the Papertrey Ink blog hop!  I really debated posting this card.  To be honest, I'm not in love with it.  It's just sort of meh.  This month's challenge was to be inspired by the phot on their blog.  The photo had a summery feel, so that's why I chose to use butterflies and polka dots.  There are smaller polka dots on the yellow panel, but they are hard to since they are stamped in white.
For the sentiment, I used a little trick I picked up at PTI's Stamp-A-Faire, and that was making a banner that didn't fold.  It's just one piece of card stock with "flags" cut on each end and then a smaller rectangle with the sentiment on it popped up on foam adhesive.  Pretty clever, huh?  

Have a great day!

{Hope you're feeling better...}
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits, Polka Dot Basics, Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon, SS White (PTI)
Ink: Vinatege Cream (PTI), Dish All the Dirt Brown, Brown Leather Satchel, VIP Purple (CSS)
Accessories: Spiral Notebook Die (PTI), Corner Rounder Punch, Rhinestones (Michaels), Foam Dimensionals

8 comments:

Marge August 25, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

Your card is AWESOME & I love that little trick with the sentiment!!! TFS!!!

Marybeth August 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

Very pretty card Dana.

Laura Isham August 25, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

Oh, those soft colors are so nice. I really like the butterflies extending past the die cut note page. Beautiful.

Ally August 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

Very pretty. ;-) I like your color palette with the polka dots and butterflies. Lovely! ;-)

Cristina August 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Haha! I know that feeling of not being sure whether you should post, but in this case I'm glad you did! I love that text and the butterflies. So cool that you went with the mood of the photo, rather than a strict interpretation of the colors, etc. And thanks for the banner tip! Love that.

Lisa Elton August 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

You've made a sweet little card Dana! Don't be too hard on yourself! I happen to adore polka dots!!!

jen August 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

I think this is a sweet, summery card! love the polka dots & the banner trick is great!

Leigh Ann Baird August 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

I am totally copying that banner! That is so cool. Your card is fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP